Monday 17 May 2010

You know what? I call it Edutravel!



I admit that It’s hard for a girl like me who dun ask money from parents anymore, but decide to participate in an international event from her own money. That’s what I am experiencing now.
I participated in the international conference for the first time in 2009. It was World Leadership Conference in Singapore that I attended. The conference was about the balancing system between economic and environment from the global perspective. Quite interesting and enjoyable conference. I can say that I had a good time there! From there, I start to hunt for another conference to attend. I like doing this (and also addicted to it) because while traveling, I can also get knowledge and network. So it’s not just traveling for fun. I call it ‘edutravel’, travel with the passion of education!  Creative, right? Lol
Here is my preparation for my next edutravel to Malaysia (from 9 June to 16 June 2010)!
I just booked a roundtrip ticket to Malaysia a few hours ago. As I am going to U.S. for environment program, I think I need to add a better perspective on me regarding environment issues in Southeast Asia. The conference is so cheap, only 100 Ringgit Malaysia, or about 30 dollars for 5 days conference (include meals, accommodation, local transportation, materials, and souvenirs). Therefore, I just need to pay for my flight, transportation from the airport and prepare for some pocket money. I’ll fly by Malaysia Airline from Jakarta to Kuala Lumpur and from Kuala Lumpur, I’ll go straight away to Medan to visit my family before my departure to Missouri, Montana (The U.S.). The total cost for the flight is only $135. So cheap for a mid-high class of airplane.  I paid in rupiah for Rp.1.206.000,-
So the budget is:
Flight:                                                             Rp.1.206.000,-
Conference fee:                                             Rp.300.000,-
Airport tax (Soekarno Hatta Airport):             Rp.150.000,-
Pocket money:                                                Rp.500.000,-

That’s still a mash calculation. I’ll probably need Rp.2.500.000 for the total expenditure. To complete the budget, I’ve asked money from my Dad, as I haven’t got money from job. I said to him that I need money for coming back home (not for the conference). However, he knows that I’m attempting to attend a conference in Malaysia.
 I compare myself with some friends who go for such kind of conference from their parents’ money.  That’s certainly easier as they don’t need to think about the budget and stuff. Just choose it and arrange everything. But I don’t mind about this. Actually, I can beg money from parents. But I just wanna do it from my own money. I am 21 now, I can gain money myself. I don’t wanna burdening them.  And I’m happy/proud of myself coz I can manage myself well!
In my conclusion, I call myself an edutraveling addict. Wanna join? XD
KL, I'm comin' (again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to read a comment from you!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts