Wednesday 10 October 2012

Walking Alone in Kuta, Bali

I was walking alone down to Legian from Kuta
With my tank top, short pants, hat and sunglasses on.
Nothing was wrong I believe, but in Indonesia too many people are curious to everyone
I found that many eyes staring at me while walking alone
It is such a discomfort.


I got lost, as always.
Ended up in a beach they called Germany Beach
Not many locals are there
The beach just right behind exclusive resorts
I was sneaking out through the small alley to get there
There were many fisherman’s boats docked
I saw some locals selling souvenirs just out of the resorts and some offer massage.
While those tourists enjoy the kiss of the sun, lying down lazily on their bench, the servants moving around serve them with orange juice and make sure they feel comfort.
Such a modern slavery I whispered to myself.

I sat down and enjoying that beautiful beach scenery myself
Next thing I know, I fell asleep in the warm sands
My skins were burnt
I woke up hearing locals playing volley next to me
One of them tried to start a conversation with me.
“Smoke?” he offered me.
“No, I don’t smoke” I said
He stand right next to me and started asking me questions
“I have to go back” I said, “My friends might be looking for me by now”


I moved to Kuta beach to see the sunset before return back to the hostel
I sat down in the seashore where there were so many people waiting for the sunset views.
Then I saw a face that look familiar, I remember he is one of the writers’ son that spoke to me last night in Ubud during the closing ceremony of the festival.
“Hei” I yelled.
“Hei, you again” he answered half surprised. He then sat down next to me. “What a surprise to see you again in here… it might mean to be”
Frankly speaking, it is not easy for me to understand his Kiwi accent.
But then in 10 minutes of conversation, he already mentioned the words ‘beautiful’ and ‘cute’ too many times.
“I don’t take too much of compliment” I said and smiled.
“You tried to lay down away from me as if I am trying to kiss you….. which I might” he said, “Where will you go tonight?” he asked.
“I don’t know. I wanna meet my friends” I answered.




Selling souvenirs outside the resorts

They serve massage in this small hut just right in front of the resorts

It is such a beautiful place for sunset dinner

Empty yet beautiful beach in here

Fisherman's boats

Sunset

Have to sneak through this small alley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to read a comment from you!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts