Tuesday 20 November 2012

24. A Benediction


24.  Almost a quarter of century. It is a blessing for me to reach this age of life. I never thought of being whatever I am now in this stage.

I was born in 1988 and was raised up in a small yet beautiful tourist town in the Highland of Northern Sumatera called Berastagi. When I turned 14, I moved to Medan, the capital city of North Sumatera to continue my study in a Catholic hi-school. After being accepted in one of the most prestigious university in Indonesia, I then moved to Depok, West Java. It was in 2006 and I was still 17. It was not really hard to adjust because my brother studied in the same university. On the six semester of my study in the university, I received a scholarship to study in Australia. I flew to Melbourne on the second semester of 2009. November 2009, I still remember how amusing it was to celebrate my 21st birthday with my bf and new friends whom all I met in the university. I returned from Australia in January 2010. Since my return, I got addicted of traveling around the world.  In 2010 alone, I have traveled to Thailand, China, Canada, USA, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia and by October that year I returned back to Melbourne and stayed there for a month. I graduated in January 2011 and right away offered a job in a government institution, which ended up as my first full time job. I quit the job by September 2012 and immediately went to Ubud, Bali to refresh my mind and soul. In October 2012, I started my next full time job which eventually is my dream job. A month later, November 2012, here I am, celebrating my 24th birthday with my closest people: my dormitory best friend, my classmate best friend, my high school best friend, my brother and the friend of my bro (who is also my close friend).  It is just so heart reveling to have those most beloved people in my life on my birthday. Thank you for being there to celebrate the birthday. Thank you for being a support for me.  Hereby, I also want to deliberate my grateful feeling to my parents who has been my biggest support of all time, in my best and the worst time. Also, thank you for those who remember and utter the felicitation on my anniversary, acquaintances, friends, former bf, distant relatives, etc.  Thank you for being part of my life.

I might not be in Indonesia for my 25th celebration. But who knows? Right now I just feel grateful because I have all the things I need in this stage of life. Hope to reach all of my dreams in the following years.


Simple birthday celebration

Love,


Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to read a comment from you!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts