Tuesday 15 April 2014

On Being A Field Researcher

Perhaps life is just too harsh to me or too kind to me. Or both.

I have been doing a lot of interviews these days for a job. In depth interviews for a qualitative research to be exact. On  project basis.
It is totally new experience.
But I guess I am too emotional. Maybe because I am just an amateur.
There was time when I cried out loud right after I reached my room after listening to someone’s story (it was not even a sentimental story).
There were times when I feel inspired and motivated by people who I interviewed.
But most of the time I feel happy that I had a chance to meet them.
I learned new skills: mapping ideas from verbal communication, leading conversation, listening to people, having  more sympathy.
I guess after all life is just about learning.

I did not have this job in my hand because I seek for it. Somehow life just brought it to me. 
That is also one thing which I learnt from people who I interviewed, life just brings them to the point where they are at the moment.

I don’t have much to say. I just want to thank God and the universe for giving me this opportunity. 
 
Me and other 50 fellow researchers
.

 Tangerang, 13 April 2014


Love,


Olivia


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to read a comment from you!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts