Sunday 7 June 2015

List of Gratitude (for Decisions in Life)

This may seems like another excuse but the real reason why I have not write in my blog is because I have been dealing with my anxiety disorders the past few months. Like other common psychological disorders, I am not totally cured and it will be there through the whole of my life. Yet I am getting better through some practises, which I will share later in the blog. One of the reasons why I have it is because the past experiences I had. As a human being of course I made mistakes through my life. But one particular past experience that was totally under my decision might be so strong that every time present event triggers the past memories back, my disorder returns. I sometimes blame myself for letting me push myself too much. But then mistakes are there for me to learn. So I should not blame because I also made some good decisions in my life with I rejoice. Here I am listing it (in chronicle order) just to be grateful that life is not only about bad decisions but also about good decisions and experiences.


  1. Studied super hard during my last year high school to be accepted in International Relation study at University of Indonesia (rumour said the highest passing grade for social science for the whole nation) - 2006
  2. First time I took a lead of a university scale project on global warming issues with BBC Indonesia and managed to get my GPA cumlaude that semester - 2007
  3. Travel to Bali with friends from my saving money working as a tutor and part time admin officer at uni - 2008
  4. Did my first full time job during university break, working in National Commission on Violence against Women - 2009
  5. Did my study abroad program in Melbourne when I was 20 under full scholarship (which was very competitive to get) -2009
  6. Applied for a full scholarship summer study in Montana, USA, two days after returned back from my study abroad program in Australia, got accepted and experienced the best 6 weeks of my life in US -2010
  7. Bought return tickets and accommodation in Phuket, Thailand for my whole family and travel there 5 days after I returned from Australia -2010
  8. Travel to Srilanka and India without any plan with 2 of my travel buddies (just because we found cheap budget airline ticket), met cool people on the way and still in touch -2012
  9. Quit 1 year 8 months job in the government, accepted a new job with double salary and went to Ubud, Bali to volunteer for Ubud Writers and Readers Festival prior to starting a new job– Oct 2012
  10. Received 5 offers master scholarships since 2012 but declined four and chose the scholarship to study in Australia- 2013
  11. First solo travel went to Vietnam, met super cool people otw– Oct 2013
  12. Received the prestigious Alison Sudradjat Prize from the Australian government, the most prestigious award in my life so far and made a speech at the Aus ambassador residence upon receiving it – 2013
  13. Designed and implemented my project, Youth Ecopreneruship Camp, with US summer study alumni, inspired 30 young Indonesian participants, supported by East West Center University of Hawaii, 2014
  14. Solo travel to Eastern Europe for 3 weeks (Austria-Hungary-Rumania-Bulgaria) to attend two International Weeks– May 2014
  15. Join the ANU-UGM research project for legislative election, interviewed few most of interesting people I met in person so far and got the research published into a chapter of a book -2014/2015
  16. During ANU summer break, went to Hue Vietnam doing volunteer work under Brunei Gov program (2 weeks) and went to Kathmandu, Nepal for internship (6 weeks) – Dec 2014/Jan 2015
  17. Decided to participate in Hult Prize Regional Competition Shanghai to represent my university (ANU), despite all the obstacles – supported fully by the university and featured in the university publications 2015
  18. Bought my first apartment when I was 23 and my first house when I am 26 (not because I am rich but because I know how to manage money) 


Those are the list as of now, I will add more when I remember decisions that make me feel grateful, or when I make a new good decision. What about you? What are good decisions you made so far that make you feel grateful about it? Tell me about yours, I would like to hear.


Good morning hi from me :)

Love,


Olivia





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to read a comment from you!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts