Wednesday 10 February 2010

Cinta Banget Sama Indonesia (I luv u Indonesia!)

Whenever somebody ask me where I come from, I’ll proudly answer them than I am from Indonesia. Although I realize the fact that Bali which is only a part of Indonesia is far more famous than Indonesia it self, but it is my own pleasure to introduce the unique of Indonesia to those who don’t really know or totally blank about it. Actually there’s so much good thing of Indonesia which people don’t really respect about; beautiful lands, unique rare animals, plentiful natural resources, rich forest, beautiful beaches, awesome views, many thousands of wonderful islands, rich of pure cultures, hundreds of languages, friendly people and many else. So many things which  you only can get in Indonesia, but not in any other  places in the world.


However, I realize that most of the youth in Indonesia always complain about something which they think are wrong in this country. I’m not trying to say that criticizing the government is wrong. When we critic the government, it means that we love our government because we care of them. But the problem is when the youth critic the government, they don’t even try to do effort to make a change for the better Indonesia. So now I’m provoking all the Indonesian youth to act. Stop too much complaining, do your task. Act something to improve Indonesia from the very small thing around us. Study well is one of the best effort you can do to your country because education is the only effective sword to fight poverty. We are still a developing country, but we are moving toward a better condition. Together we can handle all the challenge. I know that this is not very easy because even the media has become a defiance. For example these days most of youth influenced by the pop culture which is brought by the fast pace of world’s wide media. Soon, It makes the youth feel inferior when they compare themselves with those foreign cultures especially western culture. Thus, the youth tend to be a western lover in order to make the society appraise them as a modern person. But I'm telling you, we are not inferior at all! All the culture in the world has the same degree. No culture is better than any other culture. Just like all the people in the world is the same. They are just a human who have their excess and weakness. So, stop copying and worshiping other culture. Be your self! Love your self! Love your culture and your country!

Good or wrong is still my country. I am proud of being an Indonesian. I was born in here, grew up in here, and get most of everything in my life here. This land and this people has provided me almost everything in my life. So, this is my turn to express my thankful. Thank you Indonesia!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to read a comment from you!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts