Wednesday 12 May 2010

A New Misson: Traveling Book Writer

-->
After I locked myself in my room for many weeks, I finally came out yesterday heading to one of the top shopping center in Jakarta called Pondok Indah Mall. The purpose was to meet one of my friends who just came back from Washington D.C. for her training in Department of Foreign Affairs. I don’t really like to go out after I came back to Indonesia. Even before I went to Australia, I didn’t really like to hang out in/around shopping center. It’s kind of useless I think. But I had to meet her yesterday as I need to discuss about my trip in Washington D.C. next month. So then we were having a really deep conversation about Indonesian economic, about her job, about my activity and stuff. She asked me to have a haircut in one of the best saloon there. But I think it’s worthless for me to pay like 300.000 IDR just for haircut. The prize even more expensive than cutting hair in Melbourne. So I decided to do something else after I met her. Finally (as always) I ended up in a book store just to have a look of the new and interesting books. Somehow when I was passing the book shelf, a familiar name just shown up in front of me. The name was the author of one of (you can say) a best seller books. I sculpted for some nano seconds tried to remember that name. I was a bit surprised that he is the man –whom-I-always-meet-accidentally- in some of my traveling trips.

I met this man for the first time in the airport in Malaysia when I lost my flight to Australia. I was full of tension that time, so I didn’t really aware of his present. And then I accidentally met him again in one of Couchsurifng meeting in Kuala Lumpur. The latest one I met him in Jakarta on one event called Indonesia Couchsurfing Festive.
I grabbed the book just to see what kind of book that he wrote. It was a traveling book which most of the content come from his own blog. So it is like a blog which is published into a book. I bought the book just to analyze the content. Despite his hyperbolic story, It was a quite good book. 
His Traveling Book!
After read some of pages of this book, I came online just to give a comment on his facebook page. He  quickly replied, talked a bit about the book and he encouraged me to write the same thing as we both love traveling so much, and afterward maybe I can follow him publishing my book about my traveling adventure. Well, I think that’s a great idea. I’ll start to write about my traveling not because I want to be a famous writer or whatsoever but I just don’t want to forget many awesome memories which I got on my trip worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to read a comment from you!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts