Thursday 12 April 2012

The Finish Line

Before went to office today, I got a call from my mom.

She started it with a question “What are you doing?”like always

And then, as she explained me about the accident, she started bursting into tears…

I can’t really hear my mom’s grieve

It really broke my heart

I think the same thing goes to her for she never wants me to get sad

But knowing that my very close niece has just died by a car accident is also really tragic for me

He just came back from Japan as a blue collar worker some years ago

He now got a half Japanese wife and kids

Although we ever lived in the same city

I haven’t seen him for long, maybe like a decade

But still hearing that bad news

That his car hit the big truck, an on job accident, is really awfully painful.

Now all the family is going to the funeral house to make the last speech or to just show their sympathy.

People will talk about him a lot this one week or one month forward.

He will be memorized, yet just for a moment.

Still life goes on.

People will keep busy with their life

Only those who are close to him keep him in mind.

Well, we keep running on uncertain competition

And keep denying that the final line of all those competitions is the death.

And no, you can’t escape it.

You’ll meet it sooner or later

As it is part of life.

So meanwhile u still alive, you should think deeply what is ur mission in life.

Life is not merely about saving all the money you gain and getting a high position in social life.

It’s about what you have learnt and what you have shared to others.

Your life should be beautiful in anyway, it should be useful for others.

You know that you could never enjoy ur life when u life it only for yourself.

For me, I’ll try my best to learn n share what I enjoy the most until the finish line.





Jakarta, 12 April 2012

Ps. Happy 25th Birthday my Big Brother, u r of quarter century now...





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to read a comment from you!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts