Sunday 23 August 2015

How Do I Cope with My Sleep Deprivation

My sleeping pattern is uncommon. I have been struggling with this since years now. Early this year it became worse because I dealt with some external stressors. It seems like it is getting better these days due to some practises that I conduct everyday. So here is it what I do:

1. Yoga (After get up in the morning)
I love yoga. I have been practising it since 2012. It is not about being able to do sophisticated yoga pose. It is about how it could relieve pain in my body and gives me a relaxing feeling after practise. It really helps make my day better.

2. Meditation (After get up in the morning)

I practise Pranayama Yoga. It is a breathing technic of meditation, which I learnt early this year when I stayed in Nepal. It does not only help improving my sleeping pattern, but it also helps me being focus for my daily activity.

3. Write (Before sleep)
I always like to write as far as I can remember. I start writing my journal since I was so little. I write about my feelings (mostly), about my days, about my dreams, about people around me. I write anything until I fall asleep. It works!

4. Read (Before sleep)
I read non-fiction or something light and positive to absorb by brain, until my eyes are tired and want to get rest.

5. Listen to Pink Noise (While sleeping)
Buddhist/Hinduism mantra, chanting, sounds of nature, ocean (my fav), river, rain, wind, bird, flutes or the combination of it. I usually sleep with the company of those noises.


I hope my experience could help you deal with your sleeping problems. It is really important to have a good sleeping time to be able to do daily activities productively so hope you guys could get better soon (if you are dealing with it).





Cheers,



Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to read a comment from you!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts