Wednesday 21 October 2009

Next Target: Continue My Master Degree in U.K.


It’s been two and half months since my first arrival in Melbourne and I did not realize that fact at first. So many things had happened so far which I could not narrate briefly. I admit I've not learned very well as I enjoy this condition so much. I did not realize that I was trapped in a comfort zone until a few days ago, a friend woke me up.

Uliph: "Ha, Why do u rarely go on fb lately?"

Ha: "Oh Dear, I'm so busy with assignments. I'm sorry. And you know what? I've to do the TOEFL test by the end of this November. The worse thing is I have not study yet. I even forget what kind of test it will be.

Uliph: "TOEFL? What for? I though you've got good IELTS score and you do not need other test anymore. "

Ha: "Yeah, I know. But I'm thinking about my master's degree. I'm hunting for a master's degree scholarship now on. "

Uliph: ~speechless~

OMG, she hit me straight. I know that I've been trapped in a false comfort. I'm stuck in fun but unnecessary things to do without thinking about my future life.
Things were going worse when I saw the status of my friends from my Home University (the University of Indonesia) in which they were busy working on thesis and stuffs.

I think I should have thought about my future plans before. But it’s not to late. I’ll think about it now. If I have choices, I would choose to pursue a master's degree in one of the countries in Europe. Among them the most country that I really want is English. The reason is logical:
1.      Social sciences in the UK referred to one of the most advanced.
2.      The language used is English (of course it is, because the country’s name is U.K. anyway XD ) plus.. They have an elegant accent, I supposed.
3.      Many tourist attractions in U.K. which are extremely nice and I really wanted to visit. Thus, if somehow I get bored with my study I can just leave and go travelling around U.K.. (But apparently it won’t be that easy, LOL).
4.      My family and friends will be very proud of me because I can continue my study in U.K..

But now the problem is about the cost of living. Everyone just knows that currency of Pound sterling is high. Therefore, from now on I'm hunting a scholarship to U.K.. I am not lying. The picture that you see below can proof my commitment.
Also, look at the video above and you'll understand why I really want to continue my study in U.K.

 

A proverb says' Where there is a desire, then there is a way. ". Therefore from now on I rounded  my willingness to continue my master in the UK, doing my best to come true and do not forget to pray Because I believe Good things will come on the right time.


Cheers,

 
Olivia D. Purba



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to read a comment from you!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts