Thursday 8 April 2010

Traveling in China

-->
Hi!
Tiananmen Square which always pop up in my writing
The Forbidden City
I finally reach home again after my wonderful journey in Beijing, China. Overall I spend about 7 days or a week there. It was an unforgettable moment. I really feel that I miss something on my flight to Indonesia. Before I landed in Beijing, I wasn’t so excited about it as I saw so many Chinese back home. Especially in my hometown (Medan), there are a lot of Chinese group who speak one of Chinese ethnic languages (Cantonese and Hokien).However, when I arrived in China there are a bunch of incredible things which really surprising me.  I just knew that Chinese people are so welcome with the new people. I really love the environment in Beijing. I heard from my local Chinese friend that Beijing is the most polluted city in China. But I found it’s not as dusty as Jakarta or any other city in Indonesia. Maybe because it was still spring when I came there so I felt the weather was so fresh. But I love so many things there. I like those people who keep on smiling and give a good suggestion, accompany me to many places or traveling around city. Moreover, everything is cheap there. I found it is even cheaper than things in Jakarta. For example if I want to travel by bus I only have to pay one Yuan (which is Rp.1335) in any distance. It is even cheaper than the cheapest transportation in Indonesia. Also if I wanna travel by subway train (yes, they have subway), I only have to pay two Yuans and I can go from a corner to another corner around Beijing. OMG so cheap! They even have tram. Uniquely, their tram doesn’t come with the rail but only connected with the cable upstairs.  I saw some unique transportation too. It has three wheels and look similar with ‘Bajaj’ in Jakarta.  I bought so many souvenirs there because it is so cheap and I couldn’t stand not to buy those cute things. I bought a set of Beijing Olympic Games 2008 doll mascots for 40 Yuans. I bought many snacks and foods. I like their foods so much! They have almost the same taste with Indonesian foods. I think Indonesian foods got some influence from Chinese because in the previous time those kingdoms have a good trade relation. Although I’m not fussy on choosing foods but I think I’d luv to stay in China as it’s so easy for me to find cheap and yummy foods.
Fall in Luv wid Beijing
I really got the real Chinese culture experience there. Those people are so nice with the outsiders. They always try to smile and make me feel comfort. They do it deep from their hearth; likewise they do their best to serve me. I never heard that they speak bad word or swearing others, always try to be honest. It is so different with Western culture which I ever experienced.

Hiking The Great Wall was a bit scary.
Despite there are less people who can speak English, I really love Beijing. I’m planning to stay there for half a year or maybe a year to learn Mandarin as I need to add my language ability. At the moment I can only do three languages: my ethnic language (Batak) which is not really useful worldwide, Bahasa which is almost the same, and English with all the limitation. Well, I ever learn France, Japanese and Mandarin for a while but becoz I never practice it, I am never being advance on that.

There are a lot of things about Beijing which I want to share. In fact, I haven’t say anything about the flow of the conference.  I’ll write it on the next post. Just keep updating…

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to read a comment from you!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts